Dec 09, 2019 (Heraldkeepers) -- The English Premier League is by miles the most watched league in the world, with a TV audience of more than 3.3 billion. For many years, fans from all over the globe have been treated to the intrigues of the world's most pulsating league, with different teams competing to increase their fan base every new season. Every pre-season sees top Premier League sides travel to different continents for numerous matches in efforts to create or consolidate existing markets. A lot of money has been poured into sports, with big brands like Betway getting actively involved in sponsorships.
It is believed that Premier League fans will cough out more than $2.2 billion in total to follow events for the 2019/2020 season. But just how much will each participating team get in revenues from their dedicated fans?
The increase in TV subscriptions, home tickets, and the prices of club merchandise has hit the fans hard financially, and this is a break-down of how much a single individual spends for 19 home matches, and at least 5 away matches. This does not include money sports fans will spend in Betway English Premier League bets , but only the amount projected to be spent for match attendance only.
20. Aston Villa (Villa Park) - 1610 Pounds
19. Burnley (Turf Moor) - 1645 Pounds
18. Leicester City (King Power) - 1655 Pounds
17. Manchester City (Etihad) - 1658 Pounds
16. Sheffield United (Bramall Lane) -1705 Pounds
15. Wolves (Molineux) - 1735 Pounds
14. Watford (Vicarage Road) - 1804 Pounds
13. Everton (Goodison Park) - 1867 Pounds
12. Crystal Palace (Selhurst Park) - 1885 Pounds
11. West Ham (Olympic Stadium) - 1890 Pounds
10. Brighton (Amex Stadium) - 1905 Pounds
9. Norwich City (Carrow Road) - 1936 Pounds
8. Manchester United (Old Trafford) - 1966 Pounds
7. Southampton (St. Mary's) – 1970 Pounds
6. Bournemouth (Vitality Stadium) - 1978 Pounds
5. Liverpool (Anfield) -2065 Pounds
4. Chelsea (Stamford Bridge) - 2112 Pounds
3. Tottenham (White Hart Lane) - 2118 Pounds
2. Newcastle United (St. James Park) - 2130 Pounds
1. Arsenal (The Emirates) - 2245 Pounds
The above table excludes a lot of money individuals spend to show their support, for example, it does not put into account moneys spent on cup assignments. Fans of teams taking part in several tournaments will end up spending more, with ticket allocations for different matches attracting irregular pricing. For example, only last season, Arsenal and Chelsea made it to the finals of the Europa League in Baku, Azerbaijan, but there was an outcry over the overpriced tickets.
The same scenario was witnessed during the Real Madrid - Liverpool final in 2018, as both sets of fans decried extortionist charges for tickets. These are irregularities that cannot be predicted before the beginning of a season, so these are just but low estimates that are highly likely to rise as the season progresses.
In addition, the price of team merchandise may vary from team to team, with individual preference playing a major role in the end. TV subscriptions may also come in packages, and it comes down to how much a fan is willing to spend to follow their favorite team.