Nov 13, 2019 (Market Insight Reports via COMTEX) -- Industrial x-ray is a method of non-destructive testing where many types of manufactured components can be examined to verify the internal structure and integrity of the specimen.
The industrial x-ray inspection equipment and imaging software market is expected to witness a CAGR of 6.25% during the forecast period (2019-2024). A surge in demand from the aerospace and automotive sectors, largely due to conformance of high industry standards, safety regulations, mandating testing, and preventive maintenance, is boosting the adoption of equipment and imaging solutions.
Some of the major players of the market are:
YXLON International, GE Measurement and Control, Nikon Metrology Inc., North Star Imaging Inc., Carestream Health, Du_rr AG, Olympus Corporation, Teledyne Dalsa Inc., Rigaku Americas Corporation, Hamamatsu Photonics K.K., L-3 Technologies, Vidisco Ltd, amongst others.
Get a sample copy before purchase:
– A major evolution in the market over the past five years has been with respect to the integration of advanced computing and imaging capacities for advanced manipulation systems and automatic defect recognition software. These features have been incorporated through the use of graphics processing units (GPU) and high-performance computing techniques.
– However, the intense competition from ultrasonic systems, high risk of radiation, lack of skilled personnel, especially in digital radiography, and relative high deployment costs are expected to hinder the growth of the market.
– The oil and gas industry remains one of the most prominent industries in the market and is expected to retain its position over the forecast period. Asset protection of aging infrastructure, in contrast to new investments in equipment, due to the plummeting crude oil prices, is driving the radiography market in the oil and gas industry.
– Owing to this, companies, such as Vidisco are expanding their product offering for the oil industry mostly in the downstream sector. However, the upstream sector as well radiography technology delivers highly efficient solutions to inspection needs for pressure vessels (pipes, boilers, valves) according to international standard ASME.
– Therefore, companies are now increasingly focusing on reducing radiation-related risks, and preferring portability solutions, which help industries to revamp their product portfolio.
Available discount @
Key Market Trends
Aerospace Accounts for a Significant Share in the Market.
– Depending on the type and the manufacturing process of the component being tested, and size and engineering requirements, primarily four radiography methods i.e., film, computed, direct, and real-time are used in the aerospace sector. X-ray inspection applications include the detection of internal defects in thick and complex shapes, and in metallic and non-metallic shapes, and the quality of critical aerospace components, structures, and assemblies.
– The increasing emphasis on safety standards, decreasing service intervals, low emission targets, and the advent of new materials and process are the major factors driving the radiography market in the aerospace segment.