WASHINGTON (AP) — Guest lineups for the Sunday news shows feature noteworthy players from the public health sphere including Anthony Fauci, Moncef Slaoui and Brett Giroir, as well as Georgia Senate candidate Jon Ossoff; Sen. Ron Johnson of Wisconsin, who signed on to a Republican letter Saturday threatening to challenge Senate certification of Joe Biden’s election to the presidency ; and Sen. Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania, a fellow Republican who derided that effort as “wildly inappropriate” and a direct challenge to a central principle of American democracy.
• ABC’s “This Week”: Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases; voting-rights advocate Stacey Abrams.
• NBC’s “Meet the Press”: Fauci; Abrams; Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis.
• CBS’s “Face the Nation”: Moncef Slaoui, head of the U.S. vaccine development effort; Gov. Asa Hutchinson, R-Ark.; Mayor Eric Garcetti of Los Angeles; Jo Ann Jenkins, CEO of AARP.
• CNN’s “State of the Union”: Abrams; Surgeon General Jerome Adams; Gov. Mike DeWine, R-Ohio; Senate candidate Jon Ossoff, D-Ga.
• “Fox News Sunday”: Adm. Brett Giroir, the Health and Human Services Department official overseeing coronavirus testing; Sen. Pat Toomey, R-Pa.