Bulletin
Investor Alert

New York Markets Open in:

Dow Update Archives | Email alerts

April 14, 2021, 2:05 p.m. EDT

Goldman Sachs, Travelers share gains lead Dow's 100-point jump

new
Watchlist Relevance
LEARN MORE

Want to see how this story relates to your watchlist?

Just add items to create a watchlist now:

  • X
    Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA)
  • X
    Goldman Sachs Group Inc. (GS)
  • X
    Travelers Cos. Inc. (TRV)

or Cancel Already have a watchlist? Log In

By MarketWatch Automation

The Dow Jones Industrial Average is climbing Wednesday afternoon with shares of Goldman Sachs and Travelers leading the way for the index. The Dow /zigman2/quotes/210598065/realtime DJIA -1.36% is trading 108 points (0.3%) higher, as shares of Goldman Sachs /zigman2/quotes/209237603/composite GS -2.38% and Travelers /zigman2/quotes/206313935/composite TRV -3.08% are contributing about a quarter of the blue-chip gauge's intraday rally. Goldman Sachs's shares have climbed $9.49 (2.9%) while those of Travelers are up $3.62, or 2.4%, combining for an approximately 86-point bump for the Dow. Also contributing significantly to the gain are Dow Inc. /zigman2/quotes/203121064/composite DOW -0.23% , Chevron /zigman2/quotes/205871374/composite CVX -2.62% , and Caterpillar /zigman2/quotes/203434128/composite CAT -1.36% . A $1 move in any one of the 30 components of the Dow equates to a 6.58-point swing.

Editor's Note: This story was auto-generated by Automated Insights using data from Dow Jones and FactSet. See our market data terms of use.

/zigman2/quotes/210598065/realtime
US : Dow Jones Global
34,269.16
-473.66 -1.36%
Volume: 413.18M
May 11, 2021 5:24p
loading...
/zigman2/quotes/209237603/composite
US : U.S.: NYSE
$ 359.92
-8.76 -2.38%
Volume: 3.73M
May 11, 2021 4:00p
P/E Ratio
8.95
Dividend Yield
1.39%
Market Cap
$125.43 billion
Rev. per Employee
$1.31M
loading...
/zigman2/quotes/206313935/composite
US : U.S.: NYSE
$ 156.69
-4.98 -3.08%
Volume: 1.18M
May 11, 2021 4:00p
P/E Ratio
14.15
Dividend Yield
2.25%
Market Cap
$40.66 billion
Rev. per Employee
$1.04M
loading...
/zigman2/quotes/203121064/composite
US : U.S.: NYSE
$ 68.57
-0.16 -0.23%
Volume: 5.69M
May 11, 2021 4:00p
P/E Ratio
26.11
Dividend Yield
4.08%
Market Cap
$51.34 billion
Rev. per Employee
$1.08M
loading...
/zigman2/quotes/205871374/composite
US : U.S.: NYSE
$ 106.70
-2.87 -2.62%
Volume: 12.75M
May 11, 2021 4:04p
P/E Ratio
N/A
Dividend Yield
5.02%
Market Cap
$211.26 billion
Rev. per Employee
$1.98M
loading...
/zigman2/quotes/203434128/composite
US : U.S.: NYSE
$ 239.30
-3.31 -1.36%
Volume: 3.16M
May 11, 2021 4:00p
P/E Ratio
38.24
Dividend Yield
1.72%
Market Cap
$132.90 billion
Rev. per Employee
$429,044
loading...

This Story has 0 Comments
Be the first to comment
More News In
Markets

Story Conversation

Commenting FAQs »

Partner Center

Link to MarketWatch's Slice.