Bulletin
Investor Alert

May 26, 2021, 9:58 a.m. EDT

Urban Outfitters Goes Uptown on Earnings Results

new
Watchlist Relevance
LEARN MORE

Want to see how this story relates to your watchlist?

Just add items to create a watchlist now:

  • X
    Urban Outfitters Inc. (URBN)

or Cancel Already have a watchlist? Log In

May 26, 2021 (Baystreet.ca via COMTEX) -- Urban Outfitters Inc /zigman2/quotes/208403734/composite URBN +1.95% is trading higher Wednesday morning after the company reported better-than-expected earnings results.

Urban Outfitters announced first-quarter earnings of 54 cents per share, which beat the estimate of 17 cents per share. It reported quarterly revenue of $927.41 million, which beat the estimate of $900.15 million.

"The first quarter was one for the record books; record sales, a record low markdown rate, and record earnings per share. Strong 'comps' were driven by powerful demand and superb execution by all teams," said CEO Richard Hayne.

Telsey Advisory Group analyst Dana Telsey maintained Urban Outfitters with an Outperform rating and raised the price target from $45.00 to $47.00.

JPMorgan analyst Matthew Boss upgraded Urban Outfitters from Underweight to Neutral and raised the price target from $30 to $38.

Total Company net sales for the three months ended April 30, 2021, were a record $927 million. Net sales increased 7.3% compared to the three months ended April 30, 2019.

Comparable Retail segment net sales increased 10%, driven by strong double-digit growth in digital channel sales, partially offset by negative retail store sales due to reduced store traffic impacted by temporary store closures and occupancy restrictions in Europe and Canada.

By brand, comparable Retail segment net sales increased 44% at the Free People Group, 9% at Urban Outfitters and 1% at the Anthropologie Group. Total Retail segment net sales also increased 10%.

URBN shares popped $5.10, or to $40.06.

COMTEX_387325669/2559/2021-05-26T09:57:41

Is there a problem with this press release? Contact the source provider Comtex at editorial@comtex.com. You can also contact MarketWatch Customer Service via our Customer Center.

/zigman2/quotes/208403734/composite
US : U.S.: Nasdaq
$ 37.18
+0.71 +1.95%
Volume: 1.17M
July 30, 2021 4:00p
P/E Ratio
19.01
Dividend Yield
N/A
Market Cap
$3.66 billion
Rev. per Employee
$181,566
loading...

This Story has 0 Comments
Be the first to comment

Story Conversation

Commenting FAQs »

Partner Center

Link to MarketWatch's Slice.